Friday, January 25, 2013

Stars & Daylilies: Simple Leopard Print Look

     The Stars & Daylilies Series is a series of makeup tutorials using colors from the Day, Night & Play 77-Piece Collection from Ulta. This exact kit is no longer available for purchase, but Ulta almost always has a kit for sale with a lot of the same colors. Of course you can always buy the colors you like individually, but you can also find similar versions of these colors in other kits and palettes. I am going to start off with very simple, basic, easy looks and throw in more complex looks as the series goes along. This way people who do not have major makeup experience can do these looks with ease and people who love makeup and finding new makeup looks can get new ideas. I posted the first tutorial of this series on January 4 at AddisonThe15th Channel on YouTube, and hopefully I will be able to get on a good schedule and start posting one or two tutorials a week. We'll see!
     As some of you know, I have a slight obsession with leopard print right now, and one of the coolest makeup looks I have ever learned how to do is leopard print eyes. So tutorial number two is an easy way of getting leopard print eyelids!
    



     Products Used:
- Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Ulta Matte Eyeshadow in Camel
- Ulta Shimmer Eyeshadow in Toast
- Ulta Matte Eyeshadow in Bone
- Nyx Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara
- Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
- Ulta Super Shiny Lip Gloss in Natural
Brushes from Sonia Kashuk & Icing by Claire's

     I actually have learned how to do leopard print eyes three different ways, but I decided to show you how to do my favorite way for this series. In the distant future I might do another version if there is a series I think would benefit from a leopard or cheetah look, or something along those lines, but for now I am only going to post pictures of the other two looks.





    The first picture is the look I did in the tutorial. The middle image is the way I did my makeup for Halloween. It is the same look, but with liquid liner instead of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. The last picture is a version I did using Nyx Cosmetics Cream Eyeshadow in Gold.

     I'm really excited for the next tutorial in this series! It is going to be inspired by my favorite fairytale princess! Feel free to guess who! Until next time, may the sun always shine your way! Ciao!

Blog: http://friendofaddisonthe15th.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AddisonThe15th/170779189612027
Email: jessicafaithmakeup@ymail.com
Twitter: JesseFaithR
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessicafaith19/

No comments:

Post a Comment