Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fragrance of the Month & 2 Product Reviews

     In this video I share four fragrances I sampled or bought in the past month that I really liked, and the fragrance I liked the least or not at all. I also did a product review of the brush guard and two delicious smelling fortune cookie soaps!



     The fail fragrance for January is Beautiful by Estée Lauder. I thought it was too strong and just not the smell for me, so I gave it a thumbs down. DKNY Golden Delicious is sweet and fruity, and in one of the coolest perfume bottles I have ever seen. It is shaped like an apple. You press a little button to spray. I thought it was just SO cute! Poppy by Coach, or what I call "Coach Poppy", has a couple different variations, but they all smell pretty similar and wonderful! I kept a sample of this in my wallet and I wanted to buy it, but I didn't think I needed to spend any more money on perfume this month. Refuge by Charlotte Russe is not a high brand perfume, but it smells just as good as any expensive bottle! So if you are short on cash, but need to smell nice for school, an event, a date, or whatever, this is the stuff to buy. The box I bought was bright pink and just said "refuge" on it, with a little filigree design (you can see the bottle in the video). Fantasy by Britney Spears is an old perfume, one I have been using for years, but I just recently found the best in-store deal you can find for this product. CVS carried a gift set this Christmas that went on sale for $10.00! You can't beat that! It might not be around anymore. But Target should have a similar set for $20.00. You can still buy this product at it regular price at Ulta.
     The Brush Guard is a product I discovered last month when I started looking for new ways to dry my makeup brushes. The big issue with using makeup brushes is that they need to be washed regularly and hung upside down to dry to keep water out of the ferrule. The ferrule is the metal part of a brush that holds together the bristles and the handle. If water gets into the ferrule, the bristles fall out and then your brush is ruined. So how do you dry them upside down without ruining the shape of the bristles? Well I'm glad you asked! You can do what I used to do and still do for some of my thicker brushes...

 
I just looped a hair tie around them and they stay perfectly! LOL


     OR you can get brush guards which allow you to dry your brush upside down, while keeping it's shape and protecting it from evil germies! These brush guards can be cleaned when dirty and they are designed to protect almost any kind of brush. They come in four sizes; large, medium, small, and extra small. These are wonderful for smaller brushes like eyeshadow brushes and blush and bronzing brushes, but it takes forever for concealer and khabuki brushes to dry in these things and that is not good! So I don't recommend them for large thick brushes, but I highly recommend The Brush Guard for your smaller and medium size brushes. Watch the video to see how to put them on your brushes! You can purchase this product at amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/The-Brush-Guard-Variety-Pack/dp/B0049J7P3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358725541&sr=8-1&keywords=the+brush+guard
     Fortune cookie soap is my new thing! I think these are one of the coolest things I have ever bought! They smell great, look so cool, and I can't believe they exist! Here's the link to these also; http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/collections/fortune-cookie-soaps



     I got Candy Cane Fluff and Blueberry Jackflaps! They both smell great and I am tempted to use Candy Cane Fluff even though it is a holiday soap and the holidays are over. Candy Cane Fluff smells like a bonfire with candy canes in it, and Blueberry Jackflaps smells like freshly made blueberry pancakes! They smell SO good! I do not know which one to use first! So comment and let me know which one you think I should use! You can leave me a message here on my blog, or on YouTube, or the AddisonThe15th Facebook page, or you can even tweet which one you think I should use first! Just put @JesseFaithR & I'll get it!
     I hope to post a new makeup tutorial by the end of this week. I just filmed the January AddiUpdate so that will be up by January 30 at the latest! Take care and may the sun always shine your way! :) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment