Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gift Ideas For Next Year

     First, I want to say thank you to all my amazing friends and family for not only the creative gifts I received this year, but also for the inspiration that those gifts brought me. There were some amazingly heartfelt gifts, some new gift ideas I had never even thought of, and also a bunch of gift ideas I could try next year.
     I posted a video on AddisonThe15th of some of the items I got this year. So you can go check that out.
 
 
 
     Gifts from the video:
 
- a DISNEY CINDERELLA COLLECTION pouch featuring 14 samples of products sold at Sephora
     This is no longer in stock anymore, but little sample pouches are good gifts for people who are new to makeup and perfume, because they can try a bunch of stuff out to see what they like. I liked it just because I really enjoy trying new products.
 
- Bamboo Makeup Brushes from Icing by Claire's
      Icing doesn't have a website showing all of their products, but the brushes can be found at Ulta and drugstores.
 
 - Eye Mask and Lipstick Stack
     These two items were in a really cute gift from one of my friends. I'll post pictures and more details on that later.
 
 - Bunny Couple Ring Holder from Forever21
     I got my best friend one and me one so it was basically a gift to myself and her. We both had pet bunnies and we love bunnies so this was a fun gift.
 
 - Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray
 
 
 - Dove Peppermint Bark
 
 - Liplicious Lip Gloss in Marshmallow Crème from Bath and Body Works
 
 - Fluffy Cheetah Print Scarf
     Scarves are always a good gift! This one feels amazing and is in a print I really like!
 
- Heart Key Picture Holder from Kohl's
 
     Gifts not on the video:
 
 - Food Network™ 2-Layer Cookie & Cupcake Carrier from Kohl's
     My aunt gave me this and it is pretty awesome if you enjoy making cupcakes. Cupcakes are always such a mess to take places, but I love making them for people. This makes it so much easier! You can also use it for cookies, but I don't make cookies nearly as often.
 
 -  LOVE ear cuff from Icing by Claire's
     I'm not sure where else you can get this cuff, but Claire's always has really cute cuffs if you there is not an Icing anywhere near you.
 
 - Gift Cards for the movie theater, Starbucks, Ulta, Sephora, and Forever21
     You can't go wrong with gift cards! You can avoid that whole impersonal thing by getting the person you care about a gift card to somewhere they love to shop or by getting them a gift card to do something together, like a spa or the movies. Also, some gift cards come with cute things making it a bit more personal or like you put more effort into it. My Sephora card came with a cute little compact mirror and my dad and his wife attached ornaments to my cards and my sister's. I got a little fox ornament on one of mine which was awesome because foxes are my favorite animal and I love getting stuff with foxes on whatever it is. Likewise, they attached a robot ornament to my sister's, because she likes things with toy robots on them. So simple, but trust me, it makes the present more meaningful.
 
 - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (Devotions for Every Day of the Year)
     I just started doing these at the beginning of the year and I really like the devotionals so far. If you get this book, I recommend reading the intro. I normally do not read the intros, but this woman's testimony is very interesting and beautiful.
 
 - 2 blazers from my mom + a new scarf & leggings
     I got a red blazer and a blue blazer, because I wanted a blue one, but my mom really like the red one. I think the blue one was from Kohl's...Anyway, clothes is a good way to go as long as you know what the person likes and will wear more than once. My mom knows my taste really well, so these were all good gifts.
 
 - Disney's Sleeping Beauty
     Aurora is my favorite Disney princess so nough said, this was a good gift.
 
- A butterfly wallet done in oil paints.
     This was from Icing by Claire's. This was one of the best presents. It was more of a birthday present than a Christmas present, but this present was a great present, because I have had the same wallet for ten years and it was really gross and needed to be replaced. I also love butterflies and I'm a painter so I appreciated the print.
 
 - a new planner
     I just really needed one of these, because I hadn't gotten one yet for 2013. It is really good to listen to what people are fighting with themselves to get in stores. When I give gifts, if it is something they really wanted, but did not expect, it makes their day, which in turn will make your day.
 
I hope me sharing my gifts with you guys will help you out with future gift giving! That's all I've got right now to share with you! Until next time, may the sun always shine your way! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment