Friday, June 21, 2013

My June 21 of 2013 Was A Day To Be Thankful For!

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." - Colossians 4:2
     I am just so super thankful for today! Today was a great day! I had 3 jobs in 1 day! I got to see a good friend of mine get married :) and then I got to go home and take a short nap before my second job, and I got a few chores out of the way before my last job, which is going great btw b/c the boys have been as sweet as can be and we've gotten to have some fun times tonight! I misses them so much while I was away, so it's been really nice to see them a couple times this week. I also have tomorrow off and the house to myself for most of the day which is great because I have been working 2-3 jobs a day ever since I got back Tuesday! SO obviously I have a lot to be thankful for! And I'm praying that God blesses others today, tomorrow, and on, and that I can remember these times when it doesn't seem like there's that much to be thankful for, because let's be honest, those times do come. Everyone has moments of self pity. But in those hours I pray today I will be thankful that there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. ;)
     So friends, lets share our good moments. Let us share what we are thankful for. I am not ashamed of my good days, because my times of wellness are a blessing from Jesus. He has given me so much! So I am proclaiming it to the world! God is so good! I want to remember this day forever!
     I didn't do anything epic today. I didn't start a movement that will go down in history books. I didn't write an award winning song, or paint a masterpiece, or win the lottery. I didn't fall in love and I didn't climb a mountain. But today was one of the best days of my life, because I was thankful and I got to be closer to God than I have been a long time. I am thankful for these days, because they remind me of God's presence. These are the days that fuel me for tomorrow and forever. Just sitting here, talking to all of you out there who may or may not read this, these are the moments I will never get back, but I can say "thank You" to God, because I am happy, because I know Him. These moments make me smile at myself and maybe even want to cry because I feel so blessed to be awake and to have Him in my life.
     You know what, if you're reading this and your counting my spelling and grammar mistakes, because I am not going to go back over this and make any changes, because I think you need to hear from someone who's using their heart to speak. So stop counting, stop worrying. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Soak in the moment. Try and feel His presence. Think of what you are thankful for. What are thankful for? Because there is something...Easy for me to say, right? Well, let me put it to you this way. When I'm having a bad to day and I feel like the world hates and even start to hate myself a little, I want this me to come back and knock some sense into me, because this me knows the truth.
     If you're out there, whoever you are, and you are reading this, I'm thankful for you. I think you are a beautiful person, because you were created by someone beautiful. I think you have the abilities and gifts God meant for you to have and I think you should spend every waking moment being thankful for them and using them to glorify Him. I want you to know you are loved! You are important. You wanted. And you don't ever have to be alone. Don't lose hope and be patient, and remember to always be thankful, because this life, here, on planet earth, it is too brief to spend in sorrow. I pray something I've makes some difference in someone's life...but even if no one gets to the end of this message or feels how I feel right now after reading it, this moment difference to me. It feels good to type my feelings out and even more than that, it feels good to know that on those dark days, I can come back to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment