Saturday, December 21, 2013

Faith Fashion: Winter 2013

 
      These are my four go to winter outfits right now! My hopes were that there would be at least one outfit in this video that every girl could see herself in, so I hope you guys like these looks and you are inspired to come up with your own fun and fierce looks for the winter season! I know it's easy to get stuck in the same jeans, fuzzy boots, and snuggly sweater all winter, but I also really enjoy mixing it up. This video gives you guys a glimpse of my style and how I like to dress when it is cold outside, but I still want to look like I have it all together.

    
     The first outfit in this video is my Comfy and Feminine look. I love tights, especially if they are bold, bright, or just plain different. I pretty much pair everything with tights during the winter and this look I paired my bright purple tights with some thick and cozy shorts from Charlotte Russe. These shorts are made out of winter jacket-like material. They are super comfortable, but because of the material I can only wear them when it's cold outside (or at least neutral), which is kind of ironic, because they are shorts. But they look really good with purple or black tights. I'm wearing a grey T-shirt and a fuzzy white cardigan to keep it casual and kind of laid back. My favorite knee-high black boots are LifeStride brand. I got them for $10 at department store in Louisville and they have lasted me for years which is pretty impressive in my book. Also I feel like shorts, tights, and boots is just the perfect combination for fall and winter. To add a little bit of glam to the look, I wore my big sparkly bow ring, which I received as a hostess present from Premiere Designs. This look is perfect for everyday, because it's somewhat relaxed while still being very girly and fun.
 
 
    
 
     The next look is great for holiday parties! It's Festive and Edgy...and simple. I'm just wearing a basic emerald-colored skater dress and some eclectic velveteen leggings from Forever21. These dresses are so great, because you can dress them up or down and they come in a variety of colors. The leggings are actually see through, so you do not want to wear them as pants, but they do look good with dresses and skirts and shorts. I chose to wear some very cute ankle boots from the Candie's collection at Kohl's. I think they look awesome with this outfit.
     Personally, I do not like short necklaces with this dress, so I'm wearing my clock necklace from Icing by Claire's, because it hangs low and the copper color looks good with the green of the dress. To make it more Christmas themed, you can add a red blazer. To make it more fierce and casual I paired the outfit with a black semi-sheer pointed hem jacket from Forever21.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     How can you look Casual and Sharp at the same time while staying warm at the same time? With look #3! Jeans, Candie's ankle boots, and blue blazer. I think this is Mudd blazer from Kohl's, but I'm not sure. The jeans and the grey shirt tone down the sharp blazer and the spunky heels. I was somewhat inspired by Emily Thorne from Revenge for this look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     Look four is my favorite! Classy & Cute! I got the Chiffon statement necklace from Premiere Designs. The blue blouse is from the Candie's collection at Kohl's. My comfy shoes are Hot Cakes brand. I wore nude tights with this outfit because I love tights and it is cold outside so this keeps the wind off my skin. The nice thing about this look is it can be a casual look or a more dressy look. The Hot Cakes are super casual, so if you wanted to wear this to a party, I would suggest different shoes.
 
 
     Here are links to a few of the pieces from this video:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment