Monday, May 27, 2013

Smoky Emerald Eyes Using ONE Brush!!!

     I came up with this look on St. Patty's Day, BUT since these are the next three colors in the set, the color of the year is emerald, and green eyeshadow is amazing, I decide this would be a good makeup tutorial to share with you guys. So Happy St. Patrick's Day all year round!

 
     And now about the video; I decided that because not everybody wants to buy a whole set of brushes or ten billion brushes like me, I wanted to share with you the brush I think is most valuable and to show you how to use it in different ways, I made this video to show you guys how to do smoky eyes with only one brush! This look can be done with any color, but I chose green, because I love green eyeshadow and this was the next set of colors for the Stars & Daylilies series. All you need is your favorite color and then a shade dark and lighter or black and white. Smoky eyes are really very simple after a few practices, but like most things, it does take practice, so do not get discouraged if you do not get it right the first time. Even I messed up on my eyeliner while filming this video. Still, the show must go on and I fixed it as best as I could to provide you all with an awesome finished look! So enjoy!
 
 
 
I did this look a lot during March, so there are many pictures!
 

 
I think this is a very fun look and if you like dramatic eyes, this could even be an everyday look. This is something I would wear if I was going to class, on St. Patty's Day of course, for a night out. It reminds me of Tinker Bell, so it would probably work great with any kind of fairy costume or elfish costume. I wore this to church and school, so for me it's casual, but for some people it may not be.
 
 
Products Used:
     - Bamboo Crease Brush from Icing by Claire's
     - ULTA Eyeshadow in Sage, Verdigris, & Khaki
     - Good Girl Eyeshadow Quad from ULTA (skin color)
     - NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Golden
     - Clinique Mascara
     - ULTA Lipstick in Smoky Quartz
     - Mahogany Magic Nail Polish from China Glaze
     - An old mirror metallic polish from AVON I cannot remember the name of, but can be substituted for Nails Inc. London Special Effects Mirror Metallic collection

 
 
 

 
     I hope you guys are inspired! Don't forget God gave us all different gifts for doing certain things well. Don't waste your talent! Find your gift and use it to glorify HIM! Romans 12:6





For the nails I just applied two coats of Mahogany Magic over a China Glaze Base Coat and then I painted the mirror color onto a rolled up ball of plastic wrap, and pressed it like a stamp onto my nails. I like this much better than the crackle polish, and it gives it a fun geode-like look!

No comments:

Post a Comment