Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Elena Gilbert Makeup Tutorial

      So with the Vampire Diaries season 4 coming to an end, I decided to do a makeup tutorial for Elena Gilbert, and I know this is way overdone in the makeup tutorial world, but I really wanted to do a Vampire Diaries look and the colors this time around were perfect for Elena so here it is!



     The nice thing about the way they do Elena's makeup for Vampire Diaries is it is a very natural, simple, but universally beautiful, everyday look. I think that is probably why there are so many tutorials out there for her look. Now Elena has dark hair, dark eyes, and bronze skin, so the eye makeup I am wear looks slightly different on me than it does on her. I'm mainly using the Ulta 77-Piece Day, Night & Play Collection Makeup Kit. They no longer have this specific kit, but they come out with new kits all the time and the colors are pretty much the same in each kit. There might be a few new colors in each kit. You can also buy the colors individually. Right now, Ulta has this deal going on where if you buy $19.50 worth of Ulta product, you get a 10 piece Ulta set of your choice for free, plus a free eyeshadow of your choice, and an eyeliner of your choice free. You cannot use clearance items and certain brushes in your $19.50 buy, but I still think this is an awesome deal. You could easily do this look with any one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. I am pretty sure I also have all of these colors in one of my compacts from AVON. So the colors are easy enough to find. These are pretty basic colors. They work well with any eye color and if you are just starting to wear makeup, these are the colors you want to get into first, and then move on to brighter colors once you have shading down.






     Products used: - Too Faced Shadow Insurance
          - Good Girl Eyeshadow Quad from Ulta (shimmery nude color)
          - Ulta Kit eyeshadows; In The Buff, Cafe Ole, & Mink
          - Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony
          - Clinique Mascara
          - Joelle Bronzer & Blush
          - Super Strawberry Chubby Stick from Clinique

     I apologize for not having very many tutorials and AddiUpdates have been late. I have one week left of school and then I am done with the semester and hopefully I will have more videos up to make up for not being around the past couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment