Sunday, March 17, 2013

S&D: Dangerously Livid Makeup Tutorial

 
      I cannot believe it! We are at the sixth tutorial in the Stars & Daylilies series. This one was inspired by many, many, many things! The main thing of course was the three colors; Grace, Amethyst, and Elegance. This tutorial was also inspired by the february 2013 ipsy glam bag.
 
 
 
     I apologize for those of you who cannot view, but I have included pictures and a list of products used, and I'll try to walk you through the process of creating this look.

 
  




Products used;

- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- ULTA Eyeshadows in Grace, Amethyst, and Elegance
- Coastal Scents Eyeshadows in Dark Golden Rod and Golden Globe
- MICA Beauty Cosmetics' Gel Liner
- Maybelline Define-A-Line Ebony Black liner
- pop! mascara
- Joelle Bronzer
- ULTA blush in Sweet Cheeks
- ULTA lipstick in Sugar & Spice

     The first thing I did was apply an eyeshadow base. Then I applied my eye pencil all over the top and bottom lid. I packed a matte plumb eyeshadow from ULTA onto the pencil using a small Sonia Kashuk eye shadow brush. The shadow I used for this is called Grace. Next, I took Amethyst eyeshadow from ULTA and put it into the crease with a bamboo crease brush from Icing by Claire's. I pulled this dark shimmery color up towards the brow and then added a silver highlight right under the brow with the same crease brush. The color used was Elegance from ULTA. I faded it into Amethyst by pulling the existing color under my brow towards the crease. When fading any color out or into another color, I never add more of the color, I always just use whatever is already on my face.
     I smoothed out the edges and added a highlight into the inner corner of the eye using Elegance. I used Coastal Scents' Dark Golden Rod on the inner half of the bottom lid. Then I took Golden Globe, also by Coastal Scents, and added a bit of brightness to the inner lash line, kind of like how I would apply eyeshadow as eye liner, only on the inner top lid though. I used gel liner by MICA Beauty Cosmetics to create a short tapered effect. I used pop! mascara to make my eyes look bigger. I lined my waterline with Maybelline Define-A-Line Ebony Black liner.
     I used my Joelle bronzer and ULTA Sweet Cheeks blush. For lips I used Sugar and Spice lipstick from ULTA.

     I think this look is super dangerous! I hope you all feel inspired to create your own dramatic look! And if you do, feel free to tweet me a picture @JesseFaithR
     I can't wait to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment